• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Gti6 Block

Alan_M

Some of you may know that I have a GTi6 lump in my garage with the aim of making a 2044cc (I think?) lump.

Stripping it down last week has shown me it has a hole about 1" in diameter where the rear mount bolts. I have the piece of block to back on, but from chatting to a few metallurgists today at work, they seem to think welding is bad idea :lol:

So i'm on the hunt for a new block, and was wondering if the lesser 2.0ltr XU lump is the same?

Only worry is lack of oil spray bars, but how beneficial are these?

Anybody know more on the blocks, or spray bars?

Thanks

DrSeuss

pretty much any xu bottom end will bolt up. The xu10j4r bottom end is being used by b1ack_mi16 and so he can probably answer any questions you have about it.

Miles

Any 2L block as said will fit the head, even the Ally 1.8 block does too as found in the 306's and 406's.

Not sure on the spray bar's but the 2L turbo engine has them

Alan_M

I knew any 2.0ltr XU would mate up, just wanted to know if there any blocks similiar to the GTi6. Maybe the 2.0ltr XSi had the same block with spray bars etc.

I'll have dig through the Pug parts CD, but good call on the turbo lump although i'm after a cheap block so that maybe out of the question.

pug_life

s16 block is same IIRC.

its the same for s16/T16 and gti6 i think.

Hilgie

yep...all similair blocks, but the 2.0-8Vs (306XSI) don't have oilsquirters except for the 2.0-8V turbo which does have them.

Alan_M
The XU10J4R I have certainly have oil-squirters, find it in early 2.0 16v 406 at least.

Edit: See my post here: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...20entry539673

Thanks for that! There are a few 406's in my local scrappy, although I have a feeling that they are 1.8's. The scrappy will probably want more for this engine than what I paid for the GTi6 lump!!!!!

DrSeuss

2ltr 16v bottom end is no better then what you currently have. Its probably worse.

Sign in to follow this