• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
returnofjim

Crank Sensor Cable

returnofjim

Does anyone know where i can get the same kind of cable that is used to wire the crank sensor on motronic setups, its a 2 core earth sheilded cable, i just cant seem to find anywhere that sells it.

pug_ham

I've been looking for some of this over the last few weeks to try & avoid extending one that is currently fitted to a ZX loom & I've decided to take a visit to the scrapyard & see if any cars have a long enough piece to use instead.

If you do find some I might be interested in some.

Graham.

returnofjim

Well i was thinking the same and going to have a look at the scrappy tomorrow see if its same on any other PSA cars, Im sure ive seen a similar wire on the 205 Jetronic loom but cant remember where in the look, maybe connection od dizzy?

Ill let you know if I find some on a car in scrappy or someone who supplies it new.

M3Evo

Couldn't see shielded cable on the VWP page (probably going blind though!)

I ended up buying an XLR microphone lead from Maplin which wasn't much and gave me 6 metres of shielded twin core :blink:

DrSeuss

RS or Farnell, or like me, i steal it from work.

pug_ham
Couldn't see shielded cable on the VWP page (probably going blind though!)

No you aren't, in my quick look earlier I mis-read the description of the multicore cale as shielded instead of sheathed. :blink:

405's are a good source as the ecu sits under the scuttle panel on the RHS as you look at the engine bay but the wiring loops nearly right round the engine bay.

Graham.

Malachy

The loom i have from a xantia has a long Crank sensor lead, this may help not sur eif its long enough for a 205, but as i am putting the engine into a 306 its wayyyyyy too long

pug_ham

It needs to be pretty long for a 205 but this depends on where you choose to fit the ecu. If you want it in the standard 205 place it might not be long enough from a Xantia.

I got some CAS sensor wiring from a 405 yesterday but as it was from a Bosch management system it looks different to the one fitted to the motronic but I'm going to trim the edge of the outer & see if it is shielded or not (doesn't appear to be).

I also got some from a 406 so if I choose to extend the one currently fitted I can (we have shielded cable repair kits at work :)).

Graham.

returnofjim

I am installing the meagsaquirt ecu under the drivers seat so the cable needs to be quite long, I think what im going to do is use some microphone cable from maplins as mentioned earlier in this post. The only problem with getting it from a scrappy is most yards near me have removed engines and cut the looms so the wire thats left isnt very long.

pug_ham

Good timing, I was looking for this earlier tonigth & might've got something suitable here at work but the wire is small guage & not the best suited. :blink:

I hope so, just need to order some of the correct pins, a plug for the gearbox end, pins to fit the ecu plug & your sorted.

Just asked a mate at work & he said it'll be fine for the CAS.

Graham.

returnofjim

Nice one, off to maplins tomorrow to get some, ill post a picture up on here when i get it -_-

Craigb

Thats what i used for my dizzy sensor ... In bright lime green :blush:

At least it matched the cage -_-

rich_w

Good find here Graham! I hope to place an order with them in the next few days.

Sign in to follow this