• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mandic

Turbo Outlet

Mandic

Hi guys,

Help me out,

I'm choosing a DP for my turbo and just can decide what to buy. At first I wanted to make it by myself, but then I realised that material, laser cutting and that stuff involved would bring me very close to the costs of a DP which can be bought off the shelf.

Now, after reading A.G Bell's book I encountered on issue regarding downpipes and he suggests that when having internal wastegate for optimal flow DP should look something like this:

twin port:

meganevo02housing0qj.th.jpg

After searching web up and down and knowing what I want, I finally found this one, which to my taste looks perfect as it destributes the flow right at the begining and connects them cca 5" after, where turbulences are no longer present:

rb20dp8kl.th.jpg

The only problem is, that is produced by some chinese guys and their min. order is 100 DP ;);)

So I went on a search again and since I couldn't find DP of similar design, I found this, which is pretty comon design for most performance DP on the market.

downpipecast2med7br.th.jpg

This particular DP is form (as the title says) Cobb tuning and after reading their "tech stuff" about it they recon it's pretty good, but they could also say this for any stuff.

Now to the point, does anyone know, are these DP (so called bellmouth design) any good, it this Cobb DP any good or even which DP should I go for? Brand, bellmouth, split, ...?

Thanks!

Ziga

tom_m

hopefully i'm using one of these:

gt25_s8tof.jpg

with one of these:

stainless_vbandflange.jpg

welded to one of these:

u037690r.jpg

all held together with one of these:

stainless_vband.jpg

hopefully if all goes to plan this should give a nice 3in downpipe, all I have to do now is work out how to attach the rest of the exhaust! :)

Mandic

No offence mate but that outlet is not a very good design,

I'm going for 300ZX downpipe (dual port design), which I'll mod later on.

Cheers

Ziga

Mandic

This one looks exactly like the one I drew in autocad and wanted to make it:

turbopiece.JPG

spdppiece.JPG

Cheers

Ziga

tom_m
No offence mate but that outlet is not a very good design,

I'm going for 300ZX downpipe (dual port design), which I'll mod later on.

Cheers

Ziga

thats true, but its just as good as the cast elbow TT made for the 205, and theres not a whole lot of space to get your exhaust out of the turbo. this is a solution that isn't going to cost the earth and can be tailor made for the 205. i know divorced waste gates and bell mouths are good for those last few ponies, but at the end of the day mines not going to be about balls to the wall out power.

TEKNOPUG

There always gonna be a compromise between, performance, practicality and cost.

Mandic

Agree with both of You, that's why I'm looking for a DP which is shared by many cars and is thereofre cheap, and which can be modded with ease to fit on my car.

Cheers

Ziga

tom_m

i do like the idea of divorced wastegate flow; i read somewhere it can reduce wastegate duty cycle by upto 30%, so keep us posted of your progess Ziga :angry:

Mandic

Well I've emailed a company which deals with this divorced DP and asked them if they can make custom ones and not just bolt on ones, in my case 300ZX DP.

I'll let You know what they say, if they don't do custom jobs I'll just buy one, cut it to fit and weld it back together.

Cheers

Ziga

Sign in to follow this