• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quakes

Cutting Out When Accelerating.

Guest Quakes

Ive spent the last 30mins searching the forum and only found one post that was completed on this and it didnt fix my problem.

The problem used to only happen when warm but now its all the time.

The car starts fine. but alot of the time if you press the accelorator it dies out as if you had turned the key off. then if you toy with the accelorator it trys to fire and splutters then it will pull to a stop and ill have to sit there turning the key without accelorating ( as its flooded ) for abotu 30 seconds. very bad stink of petrol then i have to wait a minuite with it idleing then i can drive off it usually happens again 10 seconds later.

Its got undriveable now im ruleing out a fueling problem :/ ive changed the ignition coil and it hasnt changed anything.

Im hoping its the igniton module now but wanted to check before buying a new one.

Cheers Jono

Rob_the_Sparky

When (one of) my ignition amp was on the way out it would kangeroo, would run fine under light throttle load but use more and it made like a Roo until you backed off again. Sounds rather different from what you have but worth trying, I thought my problem was fuel as well...

Problems under load are more like a spark issue though.

Rob

Guest Quakes

Right ive changed the amp and it hasnt fixed it but when trying to start smoke came from the engine opened the bonnet and the wire from the suspension to the back of the engine bay was fried :/

i pushed stuff around by the brown multiplug and the engine cut out if that has anything to do with it :/

Im at an end now seemed all right just now tho weird

Rob_the_Sparky

If the burnt one was one of the wires to the top of the suspension then it should make no difference. There is nothing in the multiplug that I can think of that would stop the car so you have probably disturbed something else (perhaps tehe TPS wiring?) when you were poking around.

sorr

Quakes - Is that the engine you bought from me?

I would have a look at the AFM cables, it like one of them is partially broken. Strip off the sheilding and see if wiggling the wires about makes the problem worse or better. I had the same problem once and I am sure it was a white coloured wire that was at fault.

Guest Quakes

insode the afm under the black cover?

sorr

Nope not in the AFM itself. The connector block that holds the cables that go into the engine loom and connects to the AFM.

Guest Quakes

Sorr you are a legend among men the wire in the afm connector (white) was frayed resoldered it and it hasnt happened since thanks a million mate

Cheers Jono

sorr

Glad to help. Took me about a week to trace that fault when I had it. Damned French electrics!

How is the engine going?

Guest Quakes

Not good mate :/

I think the HG gone symptons being

feels like its hydrolicing when i try to start it

when it does start it misfires for a few seconds and pumps out loads of white smoke

looses enough water over about 2 days to send the temp up then i have to fill it up.

Oil pressure dropped.

Bad idle.

Air in the Water system although it hasnt gone mayo'ie

But it dosent feel like ive lost power.

What should you recommend i have done ? the heads already had work to it hasnt it?

All this because i was too lazy to get the fan switch replaced.

You live and learn i cant be bothered to work on the car anymore so im gonna phone around for quotes tommorow. :/ i so cant afford this do you recommend just the gasket and bolts or should i get more things done while its off?

Edited by Quakes

roland rat

still got my lump if you want it?

sorr

Did you let it over heat?

If so the head gasket has probably gone and if the oil pressure is bad you may have fuel in the oil due to the AFM issue causing major over fuelling. Or worst case the oil got too hot and the bottom end is trashed.

You are correct the head was fully refurbised, including new gasket and skim.

Air in the coolant probably points to head gasket knackered on a water way, hence no mayo.

I would take the engine back out strip it down and check the head and bottom end. I would guess it is going to be expensive. :wacko:

Guest Quakes

lol i really cant be bothered doing anymore engine work it overheated about 5 times but as soon as it did i powered off i never let it get too bad it has started mayoing now but the power is still there so im gonna try and get away with getting the head gasket changed

anyone on here want to do it or do you know anyone cheap?

chears ash but i really cant face another engine swap also my internets up and running again so ill speak to you on msn soon.

Cheers Jono :)

Sign in to follow this