• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
travill

Just About Done!

travill

15P1010148-med.JPG

15P1010149-med.JPG

15P1010151-med.JPG

Nearly finished! A few questions.....

Are both torsion bars the same as they have different marking is one rear or one front?

And is that enough grease i have just about filled the tube :lol:

Bassman
Nearly finished! A few questions.....

Are both torsion bars the same as they have different marking is one rear or one front?

And is that enough grease i have just about filled the tube :lol:

That looks wicked.

Just replaced the rear shocks on mine and the rear beam is in a right state. What is the rough cost of refurbishing a rear beam as I will have to do it later this year?

Thanks

M@tt

both torsion bars are the same so shouldn't matter which one is front and which back, bit confusing as they put single and double stripes on them for some reson

that looks plenty of grease mate

very nice job well done :lol:

oh and if you don't fit your shocks until after you put the beam back on make sure you have the top bolt the right way round cos it catches on the body work if you put it in the wrong weay and you cant get it fully out so cant fit the shock. The head of the bolt should be on the side closest to the centre of the beam

Bassman refurb price is in region of £150 each metal arm shaft which is usually knackerd costs £55 from pug (and thats the only place you can get them) them its mainly your bearings and a few nuts and screw. have a search people have posted up complete part and price list in the past. HTH

travill

Thanks for the shock tip! I was trying to think about issues like that as i want to mount it as is, making it lighter and less trouble for my dicky back. Also i haven't got a strap until i take the knackered beam off my car should i bother fitting it back? I have heard mixed views on this but surely peugeot wouldn't put one on if it wasn't needed?

M@tt

i didn't refit mine as the bolts sheared off mine when i undid them so there wasn't enough bolt left to pu tthe nut back on.

can't hurt if you've got it off and to hand. 5min job giving it a clean and a paint.

oh and have you got a dummy shock or something to set the ride height correctly when you refit torsion bars?

Jonmurgie

Looking very nice... should have painted those torsion bars though :lol: Still, as soon as it's fitted you'll never see all the nice paint!

travill

don't say that cos i will end up doing it, and it's pointless! And they didn't have the right colour. :lol:

pug_ham

Looks nice, shame it all so well hidden once its all on the car & soon gets covered in road grime etc. :unsure:

The torsion bars are sided, The right hand trailing arm is identified with one painted ring where as the left hand one is marked with two rings. If the rings are not evident, mark them up yourself before removal. (thanks to Wurzels guide on main site :lol:).

Yours are crossed in the top picture. (the offset thick yellow rings are the original ones).

Graham.

travill

Little confused by that as they are identical, it seems. Mine are the right way round then?

James

pug_ham

Theyare identical to look at but they are apparently supposed to be sided, yours are the wrong way round.

15P1010148-med.JPG

The thicker painted rings that are offset on the torsion bars (not the middle ones) are the original markings imo & indicate which side they should be fitted.

Graham.

jackherer
Theyare identical to look at but they are apparently supposed to be sided

it may be that they are physically identical but as they would twist the opposite direction if swapped (I think?) they might fatigue or something.

travill

cheers folks, they are the right way round now. :D

pug_ham
it may be that they are physically identical but as they would twist the opposite direction if swapped (I think?) they might fatigue or something.

This also my thinking about why they are best kept in the original fitment order & a good reason for marking them from the factory.

Graham.

travill

Well it's all finished, and what a difference~!!!!!!!!

Don't have to slow down for corners and more to avoid the scraping inner arch sound!

To set the ride height i just used a fully extended shock which seams to be about 312ish. The rear end is just a bit lower than b4 but it's perfectly level.

:D

Sign in to follow this