• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mishu

Braided Hosing

mishu

From what I've been told on the forum, it seems that Goodridge Braided Hoses are the way to go.

I'd like to know on what people have used them (I was planning to use them on everything, but they seem pretty expensive :( ). Does anyone know what lengths/diameters I'll be needing for the entire thing, or even just parts of it? Of course I'll measure everything up, but it would be nice to hear from someone who's actually done this.

Any advice, opinions, alternatives?

Another thing, what fittings (is this the right term? I mean the things at the end which screw on to whatever they have to) should I use, or will generic ones do? I was thinking of having a plumber or someone in this department fit them, or is it a DIY-able job?

Thanks

jackherer

is your braking system standard? if so just buy the goodridge kit for either the 1.6 or 1.9, theres no need to mess around with the fittings unless you need a custom setup.

don't be tempted by the cheaper rally design kit btw, I've had them rust solid into the calipers in less than a year but I've had goodridge ones that are still good after seven years!

other than brakes its not a bad move to use braided fuel hosing on a 205, but this does need to be custom made.

mishu
is your braking system standard?

I'm going to use the GTi front subframe and rear beam, but keep the base hubs, as I don't have the money to buy new hubs/discs/calipers/etc. right now. So, I doubt the kit would fit :)

Powers

You can buy the relevent fittings for around £90 delivered from Rallydesign.co.uk. The fittings are made by aeroquip rather than the more expensive ones that Earls sell. The Earls fittings are better quality but not worth the extra ££ for the use on a road car.

If you want me to write a list and lengths of all the parts needed i will, let me know.

Cheers.

pugrallye

The 1.6 GTI kit will fit, but you tend to find the front lines a little bit too long as they mount slightly differently to a base model

mishu

Powers: I'm not in the UK (quite far from it actually), so shipping would really up the costs. That's why I was thinking of matching the fittings to the hoses myself.

Any help will be appreciated, so i'd be grateful if you could write a list of the parts needed and their sizes. (even if it's for the 1.6 standard setup.. I'll try to start from there I guess)

pugrallye: That's good to know. So what did you do with the extra length? Or does it fit, but just like it's too long?

pugrallye

you find they are about a cm too long and will rub the inner wheel rim on full lock, so either buy wheel spacers or two new male ends and lop a cm off each one

Powers

Here is a link to the Rally design products:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/index...1f18d04c62d7c5c

You will need -

10 Male convex seat hose fittings - (M10 x 1) The M10 x 1 is the size and pitch of the thread. These fit all Peugeot calipers and Master cylinders. Hence you need 3 for the master cylinder (One for the rear and two for the front). One per caliper/drum so 4. And 3 for the T piece.

7 Hose Fitting Copper washers for the Mc and the calipers/drums

1 Hose Fitting T piece, M10 x 1, female This is to divide the one line running to the rear into two.

Around 8 meters ( I can let you know exactly tomorrow) of EUROQUIP #3 STAINLESS BRAIDED BRAKE HOSE (3/8).

Then all you need to do for the front is measure the length required, cut, attach the fittings, screw into the Mc (As the whole line needs to rotate) remove the caliper and rotate onto the line/fitting, then re attach the caliper.

For the rear measure the length of the line to the T piece, attach the fittings, fit into the Mc and attach the T piece onto the rear beam (Usually where the copper line is joined onto the rubber flexy), measure the two lengths required to the calipers, attach the fittings, screw into the T piece, remove calipers and rotate onto the line/fitting, then re attach the calipers.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

mishu

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I need.

For the rear measure the length of the line to the T piece...

When I asked (a while ago) about the GTi rear beam fitting on the base model, I was told that:

'The rear beam will need the inertial compensator fitted as the GTi beams don't have integral ones like the base models, this lives in the engine compartment.'

Since the procedure you explained earlier refers to the GTi setup, I assume these don't come into play, right? Do you happen to know where these come in with my setup (1.6 front subframe/rear beam + base hubs + compensators on rear beam...)?

Powers

The compensator is behind your battery in the engine bay. Just follow the line from the MC and you will find it easily. I decided not to use a compensator.

mishu

So the compensator for the base models is in the engine bay? That's good news, means I'll have easier access to it when I clean the engine bay.

BTW, where is it located in the 1.6? Just so that I don't wonder what it is when I find it ;)

Powers

A bit of a misunderstanding sorry.

For base models i do not know, can anyone help?

For a 1.6 it is in the engine bay and i removed mine when fitting braided hoses.

For a 1.9 they are underneath near the fuel tank.

Edited by Powers

Sign in to follow this