• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Martin@PRD

Turbo Wiring Diagram

Martin@PRD

I apologise for yet another xu10 wiring thread though a search has given me no answers so.

Can any one help me on the wiring side of the Citroen XM MP3.2 XU10J2TE (8v Turbo)

All the loom is in place and the 205 side is ready to bind with it though only ever doing a 406 version before has left me confused with the different connectors, colour and numbered wires.

First of all, one of the brown 18way rectangular connectors was crushed so this was already cut from the loom that leads into the injection harness, I have labelled all the wires and are listed below, could anyone tell me whether this is the sensor multi plug and what wires are for each sensor please dont give me pin values as I dont know.

Wire number ----------- Colour ------------------------- To

413 ---------------------- Green ------------------------ ?

415 ---------------------- ------------------------------ ?

405 ---------------------- ------------------------------ ?

162 ---------------------- ------------------------------ ?

808 ---------------------- ------------------------------ ?

??? ----------------------- ------------------------------ ?

CO25 -------------------- Red ---------------------------- ?

8081 --------------------- ------------------------------ ?

400----------------------- ------------------------------ ?

414 ---------------------- ------------------------------ ?

411 ---------------------- ------------------------------ ?

1010A ------------------- Blue --------------------------- ?

C12 --------------------- Grey Multi plug --------------- ?

220 ---------------------- Multi plug --------------- ?

MI620 ------------------- Yellow ------------------------- ?

??? ---------------------- ------------------------------- ?

Some numbers maybe incorrect due to poor print

The next connector is the same colour shape and size though integrated with the double relay injection system (I believe) Im guessing this plug is the power and earth plug? The wires numbers are listed below.

Wire numbers ---- Colour ----- From ------------------------------------------- To

BBB ---------------- Blue -------- Relay BB9 to BB12 Blue --------------------- ?

120 ----------------- ---------- Relay 120 Blue -------------------------------- ?

BM07 --------------- ---------- Loom ------------------------------------------- ?

? -------------------- Green ----- Relay 1220 Grey + Loom 1250 Green ------ ?

820 ----------------- ---------- Loom -------------------------------------------- ?

142 ----------------- ---------- ------------------------------------------------ ?

1232 --------------- ----------- ------------------------------------------------ ?

140 ---------------- ----------- ------------------------------------------------ ?

1360 --------------- ----------- ------------------------------------------------ ?

426 ---------------- ----------- ------------------------------------------------ ?

1234 --------------- ----------- ------------------------------------------------ ?

821 ---------------- ----------- ------------------------------------------------- ?

???? --------------- Red --------- Relay 822B + Loom 882B Green -------------- ?

141 ---------------- ----------- Loom ---------------------------------------------- ?

BD55 -------------- ----------- -------------------------------------------------- ?

CC2B -------------- ----------- -------------------------------------------------- ?

122B -------------- Grey -------- Relay 1220 Grey + Loom 1250 Green --------- ?

122A -------------- ----------- Loom ----------------------------------------------- ?

I have all the earths, power cables, sensors and triggers from the 205 injection loom ready to bind with the turbo loom but with which ones?

If you spot any mistakes please speak up, as I hope other member can use this thread for further reference

Oh it does have the keypad I believe though not present so if any one can give me what wires they link too then this can be crossed off the list

Let the battle commence

Thank you!!

Edited by Martin@PRD

sonofsam

Hi Martin.

I have scans from the XM schematics if thats any good to you :)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...mwiring4003.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...mwiring4002.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...mwiring4001.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...boxmwiring4.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...boxmwiring3.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...boxmwiring2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...boxmwiring1.jpg

Jacobs53 ( Lee ) also posted up wire numbers so did Ant but im insure if they'll be the same!

Only feeds i took from the 205 loom were a switched live , starter motor and constant + to get it started anyway :(

Keypad wiring was recently posted by Fuqa.

Sam.

Edited by sonofsam

Martin@PRD

Thanks Sam,

I have been though all the posts though to be honest doesnt really help, I have found the 406 numbered wires though not Xm

sonofsam

No worries.

Im pretty sure if there recent they will be Peugeot 605 Turbo wire numbers.

My 406 engine certainly didn't have any :)

johnrobertgordon

This is my engine your talking about i think?

oh and if it is my engine then is out of a xantia activa. (if that makes any difference?)

Edited by johnrobertgordon

Martin@PRD

so 120 is fuel pump wire?

In fact and that would be the easiest for you I guess is to leave the sensors for the dash and startermotor on their old 8V loom and wire in only the live, switched live, and fuelpump from the 2.0T loom.

Good point above

BBB ---------------- Blue -------- Relay BB9 to BB12 Blue --------------------- must be constant live

no mension of the rev counter does this work with the 205's?

pin 3 is witched earth though what wire number?

same for pin nine too

johnrobertgordon

Martin, Is this my car that you are talking about???

Is it a white 205, with a cage?

sonofsam

No rev counter signal is different unfortunately.

pug_ham

Rev counter feed is most likely direct from ecu if its anything like the MP3.1 or Magnet 8P system from newer Pugs.

You need suitable rev counter for this to work & the wiring on the rev counter plug needs changing to suit.

All wiring changes covered here.

Graham.

jimbean

sorry dont know how old the question but cant see a fix ... i have done a few of the conversions

you need a rev counter off a dt 205 309 405 any will do as long as same make clock as your own it will fit straight in and uses the pulse off the engine speedsensor as does the turbo...

thats how i got mine to work

cheers jim

quote name='Martin@PRD' date='Aug 18 2006, 08:10 PM' post='586642']

so 120 is fuel pump wire?

In fact and that would be the easiest for you I guess is to leave the sensors for the dash and startermotor on their old 8V loom and wire in only the live, switched live, and fuelpump from the 2.0T loom.

Good point above

BBB ---------------- Blue -------- Relay BB9 to BB12 Blue --------------------- must be constant live

no mension of the rev counter does this work with the 205's?

pin 3 is witched earth though what wire number?

same for pin nine too

sonofsam

I think the rev counter signal is the least of your worrys at the moment!

johnrobertgordon

It is the least of my worries. But its good to know that i can get a rev counter that will look oe and works.

I have got the chassis number off a citroen xsara xantia activa of the same year that my engine came from. I am going to buy/aquire the wiring diagrams off a mate who works in the citroen dealership that i used to work in.

sonofsam

Sorry, who's thread is this anyway :)

johnrobertgordon

Well Martin started it but the engine he is refering to is mine!!

sonofsam

Its good you getting the correct diagrams then, but the key is still inside the injection double relay :)

Got that ECU unlocked yet?

johnrobertgordon

no, the ecu is going off on monday to be unlocked.

jackherer
I have got the chassis number off a citroen xsara xantia activa

its just a xantia activa, xsara is a totally different car.

johnrobertgordon
its just a xantia activa, xsara is a totally different car.

Lol i know, a coustomer was pecking my head about a picasso before i wrote that :)

Sign in to follow this