• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hodgy

Help With Morrettes

hodgy

ive bought some morretes off ebay and there huge so im starting to think they are the ones that replace your indicators but i have no idea what they look like, if some one could post a couple of pics of a set that replace the indicator it would help or if they knew where i could look at a set of them.thanx

hodgy

also the lights in them are alot bigger than the normal ones that replace your lense! have i been ripped off with some 306 morrettes or something

hodgy

ive got the one morrette of the ones in your pic but these are alot bigger i could do with a pic of them in primer.ive taken a pic but dont know how to post it up

the thing its sat on is a normall size cusion on a sofa

post-7696-1158765963.gif

Jonmurgie

Looks kind of right, like the top one on that page I lights too... though it 'could' be a 309 item as they are similar but different at the same time!

Hav eyou not held it up to the car, or a standrd headlight?

hodgy

i tried to fit em but ill need to take the indicator bracket out n they "might" fit then but it aint looking like they will but if someone has a pic of the ones that replace the indicators not on the car i can compare them n see if mine are right

Daz_C

Looking at them they don't look like Genuine Morrette Lights mate to be honest. :)

Are they fibreglass or a plastic kind of material (not sure of the proper term).

With those you have you will have to take the indicator bracket out to make them fit as you say.

I don't have a pic of mine off the car but you can plainly see the difference on the top where the light meets the slam panel.

Daz_C

Looking at them they don't look like Genuine Morrette Lights mate to be honest. :)

Are they fibreglass or a plastic kind of material (not sure of the proper term).

With those you have you will have to take the indicator bracket out to make them fit as you say.

I don't have a pic of mine off the car but you can plainly see the difference on the top where the light meets the slam panel.

Paintguy

All of the genuine ones I've seen are made out of ABS plastic. It's black, just over 1mm thick, and quite flexible.

All the copies I've seen are fiberglass (GRP), generally white inside, with either a slightly yellow or pink tinge, and quite stiff and brittle.

hodgy

there stiff n yellow qand i can see the fibres! so looks like im gonna have to bodge them in! i had the ones where you dont replace the indicators but ive only got one left so i bought somemore! i hope they fit on the weekend!

thanx for your helps!!!!!!

hodgy

i got them to fit what a ball ache! i just need to find some indictors to fit into my bumper amy one got any ideas? i was thinking punto side repeters as there small but bright

Daz_C

The ones that come with original morrettes are the same as on a Renault 19 16v iirc.

I also think but not sure the old MkII Golf ones but I'm just guessing on that one.

How much did you pay for the lights if you don't mind me asking ?

If you bought them off Egay and they were advertised as Proper morrettes then I'd be leaving some Negative feedback ! Too late to get your money back I spose ?!

Edd-XS

Ive used BMW side repeaters for my front indicators on mine, nice and slim and really dark too so they dont show up too much. Will get some pics up.

Edd

Sign in to follow this