• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy_C

Knob Problem......

Andy_C

Can't seem to get the end off :)

Seriously, trying to remove gear knob from lever and I'll be buggered if I can figure it out. Bought a new gaiter and managed to get the surround unscrewed - and promptly snapped several of the clips holding the gaiter in but still can't remove the actual gearknob.

Anyone? :P

Alastairh

Give a good twist, and a tug.

Seriously.

Super Josh

Yeah, Brute Force and lots of ignorance are the order of the day :P Have you bought one of those leather ones of Ebay? I've yet to fit mine. :)

Josh

Edited by Super Josh

Miles

Yep warm it up, then give it a good tug a few time's and see what happens

cybernck

just be careful, you don't want it to hit you in the face! :(

seriously.

KRISKARRERA

Can needing to pull on it very hard crack the plastic bit the bottom of the gear shaft is held in by?

Edp
just be careful, you don't want it to hit you in the face! :)

seriously.

I did this once, it was like something out of a carry on film. Luckily no one saw me :(

I find turning the knob and pulling at the same time will get the bugger off, just keep your face out of the way.

Ed

steve@cornwall
I did this once, it was like something out of a carry on film. Luckily no one saw me :(

I find turning the knob and pulling at the same time will get the bugger off, just keep your face out of the way.

Ed

Or put a large open ended spanner around the gearstick with the faces against the knob and wallop with a hammer, again, don't position your face directly above......

Hilgie

Did this too in a scrapyard once...it must have been quite comical as it resulted in a bloody nose and a huge dent in the roof.

Edp
Did this too in a scrapyard once...it must have been quite comical as it resulted in a bloody nose and a huge dent in the roof.

:);)

Andy_C

More wonderful comedy French engineering ;)

Josh - yep, bought the one off ebay :D

Sign in to follow this