• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest justinhincks87

Injectors Squirt Once!

Guest justinhincks87

Hi there ive advanced now with my fuel problem and have took injectors out. now when i crank engine they all squirt once but then dont squirt again. and when i stop cranking they squirt once more. but not during cranking. can any 1 help me please!!

Richie-Van-GTi

try a different tach relay, sounds like its not engaging of the coil signal, assuming wires are OK from coil.

Guest justinhincks87

yes but. if it was the tachy relay wouldnt it not pump the fuel pump cos it clicks and the fuel pump works and pumps? this problem is really annoyin me. please could some 1 help

futura

I read on here that it can be down to a faulty REV sensor (or its wiring) on the dizzy. I think it's this sensor that tells the ECU that the engine is being cranked, so if the ECU doesn't receive the info it doesnt inject any fuel, except once when you turn the ignition on or off.

Guest justinhincks87

what wiring off the dizzy? if you mean a camsensor then no it dont have one. ? im really stuck any 1 had this problem before

jimbean

easy way to check the injectors work is remove the dissy

keep the dissy conected to the ign amp.. (3 pin conector.)

turn ign on

turn the part of the dissy that was conected to cam shaft

if it is ok you will hear and feel the injectors fire every revolution

also you will be able to check the spark this way remove the plug and check spark

sound like ignition amp faulty

or a bad earth

goodluck

jim

Rob_the_Sparky

Well I'd look at the ignition amp (as strange as that sounds).

The injector timing signal comes from the dizzy via the ignition amp and you description of injector firing is the same as the sparks I was getting (never checked the injectors). In my case turn on ignition get single spark, turn off get single spark.

Rob

P.S. One of two faulty ignition amps I've had and other failed completely differnet from the one described above

blackpug

I had no injection on mine, with fuel coming to the rail fine. We tried everything and eventually traced it to the white little multiplug on some wires running from fuel pump relay. It's situated abouve the gearbox normally and has some earth and ecu feed wires going through it. Mine was corroded very badly and caused the injectors not to fire at all. Try measuring the resistance across the plug and if it's high there's you're problem. I replaced mine with bullet connectors.

Hope that helps.

Guest justinhincks87

where is the ignition amp situated on the car? what does it look like? i do not know much about these engines at the moment

Rob_the_Sparky

I could suggest investing in a manual...

On an early car it is on the wing behind/under the coil. On later car it is on the other wing near the fuel filter (if I remember correctly, all my 205s are earlier ones).

Rob

Grim.Badger

I've got a 1990 1.9 with the coil mounted on the intake (later type?) and the amp is still located on the passenger side wing/turret.

Sign in to follow this