• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
frodo_monkey

R1 Carb Problem...

frodo_monkey

Hi everyone,

When I first put the R1 carbs on the new engine without a throttle cable installed, when I pressed down on the throttle cam it sprang back very forcefully (so much so I got a blood blister off the sod :o )

I installed my GSF throttle cable tonight using a solderless nipple thingy (came in the kit), and since then it doesn't want to spring back to the 'closed throttle' position, either using my hand or using foot against pedal in the car.

This is how it is connected at the minute:

P2270001.jpg

Could someone look at that and, with a fresh pair of eyes, tell me what I've bollocksed up please! I bet its something really obvious :) (before anyone says it, I will replace that cable tie with a metal bracket before its finished :P )

Thanks!

Si

welshpug

looks like the cable is coming out of the outer 's end stop at an angle, this may be causing too much friction for the cable to return, do you have a return spring on the pedal?

Richie-Van-GTi

take the cable out of the carbs and put it in the other way around, its probably the fitment on the end is catching against the side of the carbs.

yorkdave

make sure none of the jubilee clips holding the silicone hosing to the carbs are fouling the linkage. i have had that before.

hodgy

the clips were catchin on the springs on mine and stopped the throttle closing.

im having problems keeping my carbs attached to the silicone hosing if some one can help?

frodo_monkey

I've had another look and a play with it tonight - there doesn't seem to be any restriction stopping it returning to the closed position, so I guess I'll try reangling the bracket and putting a spring somewhere around the pedal to force it to return - so next question, where could you mount the spring? Between the bulkhead and the underside of the pedal?

Richie-Van-GTi

Id personally mount the spring above the pivot point and attached to the bulkhead somehow. I think under the pedal leaves it prone to having stuff get caught in it.

Sign in to follow this