• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
whizzer71

Gti 6 Vehicle Speed Sensor

whizzer71

Have gti6 engine in my 205,when I converted it I did away with the electronic speed pick up in the gearbox for the speedo and replaced it with one of the std 205 type,Car runs fine and goes perfectly well just wondered if by removing this it would have affected the performance in any way ??

:)

Edited by whizzer71

smighall

No. The speed sensor on the gti6 gearbox only operates the electronic speedo. If you are using a 205 gearbox (or a gearbox with a cable drive) then you will already have a working speedo and nothing to worry about :)

whizzer71

Ok Thanks Smighall thats answered that one !,Perhaps you might be able to answer something else for me,car has a slight "flat Spot" upto about 1500 rpm when pulling away,normally more noticeable when driving the thing normally ,If you pull away and plant it the flat spots not so noticeable...?,Is this a trait of the Gti6 engine,My friends 205 Gti 6 has the same characteristic also and his is of identical spec to mine.

Cheers

:lol:

Sign in to follow this