• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205_sunderland

Modifying Oil Pickup

205_sunderland

i was woundering what effect it would have as regards oil pressuure if i extende the pickup so it hard numerous holes along the sump to draw oil from constantly and prevent surge and also if a shicane stlye baffle in sump would help

regards mick

Alastairh

Search button is your friend :wacko:

205_sunderland

i tried and i couldnt find anything just loads of people wallfin on but not getting to an actual point

regards mick

Doof

I think thats because no one actually knows for sure, there seems to be so many differing opinions. Just be careful of having numerous holes because you'll draw in air instead of oil when it surges anyway.

Baz

Take the pick up off the pump, pop off the little grate/gauze/filter/thingymebob! buy the kit from PeterT (TaylorEngineering) which comes with an extension of the 'D' shape of the pick up, have this tig welded on, then refit the 'thingymebob', re-fit to pump, fit to engine, and there you have it, extended pick up...

205_sunderland

is this taylor engineering on here?

regards mick

Mandic

Yes, like BazGTMi said, his nick is petert, he's from Australia, so online times usually don't line up, be patient :angry:

Cheers

Ziga

Sign in to follow this