• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andy_Gti

Someone Tell Me What Engine I Have!

Guest Andy_Gti

hi,

when i was buying the car i was told its got a gti6 lump in it, now my mechanic reckons its an mi16 while others are sayin its an s16, i personally aint too sure either but i was hoping someone on here would know!

ive included as many pictures as i can to help out!

thanks,

andy

P2280150.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/mad...is/DSCN0204.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/mad...is/DSCN0203.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/mad...is/DSCN0202.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/mad...is/DSCN0169.jpg

edit=pugtorque; file sizes less than 120k please.

Mikey G

Its an Mi16/S16 engine (same unit) :lol:

EDIT: thats the later 2.0 Mi16 engine before anybody says, which is still the same as the S16

Edited by Mikey G

Martin W

Its not the 1.9 Alloy block Mi16 engine. Looks like its the 2.0 iron block which comes from either the later Mi16's or S16.

VisaGTi16v

Yep 2 litre iron block later 405 Mi16, 306 S16 and ZX 16v, 150 or 155bhp depending on year so certainly not the 167bhp that the seller pretended it was if it had been a GTi6 one

welshpug

yup, got one of them in my 94 405, RFY engine :lol:

Guest Andy_Gti

ok, cheers for the responses, and where would you recommend to buy parts for it? its undergoing a complete rebuild, i was struggling to find parts for an s16 before,

thanks,

andy

VisaGTi16v

Donno but search on here for things like "iron block mi16" etc along those lines as they are becoming more common in 205's as the ally block 1.9's become rarer. They are heavier but more reliable

Miles

Yep as said the S16 or late 405 Mi16 engine,

The last 4 engine's I;ve taken for honing the bores have all been scrap due to too much wear, All these engine's around around 100k on proven so don;t get too much into the rebuild as new pistons are not around unless you go forged which add's allot to the build,

But any engineering company can supply bearing's and gasket's etc, Might be worth aasking under a ZX16v or Xantia VSX of 1994

I;d get back to the seller and take action as the car wasn;t as being sold.

B1ack_Mi16

Also this engine seem to have the vacum pump, meaning it is not from the 405 Mi16 at least :)

I've also took apart quite some of the XU10 engines, and they all seem to have much bore-wear.

I got a 85mm bore XU11D block which I plan to get bored to 86mm to be able to use my standard T16 internals.

Guest Andy_Gti
Also this engine seem to have the vacum pump, meaning it is not from the 405 Mi16 at least :ph34r:

I've also took apart quite some of the XU10 engines, and they all seem to have much bore-wear.

I got a 85mm bore XU11D block which I plan to get bored to 86mm to be able to use my standard T16 internals.

i was on the the fella i bought the car from last night, he's a mate of a mate and he genuinely bought the car thinkin the same as me! he only had it a few weeks and was gonna put it on the track but then decided to sell it, thats where i came in!

ill get my trusty mechanic to give me his professional opinion on the state of the bores and if its gonna be a problem we'l have to take a rain check on the whole project!

cheers for all replys and help!

Sign in to follow this