• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Interior Heater

fencer

My Interior heater has not worked for quite a while (i think it must be seven years ;) ) so yesterday I decided to try and fix it.

I removed the control unit blank ( the one behind the fan) and bridged the two thick yellow wires. and the fan went on, so I thought it might be the fan control, so I went to the scrappy and got one (which looks ok) but still didn't turn on.

Is there anything I should check?

or should I just buy a new one?

Ahl

Try cleaning up the funny contacts on the fan thermistor.

There are a few threads about this. You could find them with a search.

quagmire

It will be the heater controls (just repaired mine)

Take the front off the heater controls (2 scews) there are 4 more screws under there which you will need to undo. There is a plug that goes into the back of the unit, take it out. If the fan starts working you have found your problem.

You only need to replace the brown circuit board (easy, just clips off)

Don't for the love of god try and replace the whole unit case it will take you ages. (trust me)

Cost me £5 from a scrappy. The contacts on the blower control had worn completly on mine.

fencer

bingo quagmire!!! :D Just one question now. how do I remove the white piece on top of the board (the back part of the knob) so that I can remove the cirquit board.

quagmire

you dont need to, I know it looks like you need to take it off but you dont. The whole circuit board with the white dial comes off in one piece.

I made the mistake of taking the white thing off and its a bastard to get back on.

fencer

done! thanks quagmire, solved my problem. Had the chip litterarly burnt (see it here)

Edited by fencer

quagmire

glad to be of help. Mine wasn't quite that bad though :lol:

Sign in to follow this