• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anthony

Definate "how To" On Unlocking Keypad Gti-6's

Anthony

I bought an accident-damaged Phase 1 GTi-6 at the weekend that's going to be stripped for parts (and please, no "can I have first dibs on so-and-so part" replies!).

Obviously I want to unlock the ECU prior to removing the engine, but does anyone know for certain how to do this on the early keypad models? The later transponder ones are easy enough (start engine, unplug transponder box, switch off engine), but a search brings up somewhat conflicting opinions on the keypad models.

First hand experiences that definately worked only please, rather than "my mate said that his mate did blah blah"

jackherer

I've only done this on keypad xantias but I believe its the same. All you need to do is enter the code, start the engine, unplug the keypad while its running, then turn the engine off, wait a while and try starting it and it should run with no code.

Hilgie

I did the keypad on my T16 engine the same way. Start, unplug the keypad, stop. Start without entering pincode. Keypad stays disconnected. It could be handy to reset the code to 0000 or similar prior to removing the keypad.

B1ack_Mi16
I did the keypad on my T16 engine the same way. Start, unplug the keypad, stop. Start without entering pincode. Keypad stays disconnected. It could be handy to reset the code to 0000 or similar prior to removing the keypad.

The 405 S16 engine I put into mym ates 309 however won't start without the Key-Pad connected to the loom. Even though the ECU was bought new from Peugeot and is not locked. No chance it'll start wuithout the keypad.

jonnie205

The keypad acts the same as a transponder. As soon as key matches ignition barrel circuit (transponder system) or correct code is entered (keypad sytem) there will be an unlock signal sent to ecu. At this satge i usually just unplug ecu while engine runnig or ignition on then remove engine.

You will not need any of the keypad loom or anything else car side of the 2 brown multiplugs on front panel. People say wire in keypad etc etc but dont do it. Once ecu is unlocked you can wire into the mutiplugs on gti6 loom (only need the larger of the 2 plugs) and works perfectly

Edited by jonnie205

pug_ham
At this satge i usually just unplug ecu while engine running or ignition on then remove engine.

This is the way the ecu was unplugged from the 405 I got my donor MM8P loom from by the scrapyard before they drained all the fluids etc & I hope to test it along with the one you sent me Anthony this weekend.

I didn't get any of the keypad wiring when I stripped the loom out.

Graham.

jimbean
The 405 S16 engine I put into mym ates 309 however won't start without the Key-Pad connected to the loom. Even though the ECU was bought new from Peugeot and is not locked. No chance it'll start wuithout the keypad.

some of the early key pads use a ign live that is shared by the engine ecu and runs through the key pad.. so disconecting it will stop the engine but using pinout data you can reconect the missing ign 12v feed and will not need the keypad again

all later key pad and transponder systems can run with them disconected and the imob cannot rearm because it is waiting for the lock code from the pad/ecu wich is not there.

Alastairh
The keypad acts the same as a transponder. As soon as key matches ignition barrel circuit (transponder system) or correct code is entered (keypad sytem) there will be an unlock signal sent to ecu. At this satge i usually just unplug ecu while engine runnig or ignition on then remove engine.

Jonnie, thats exactly how weve done it ;)

As to if it works, well just putting it in the 205 now B)

Sign in to follow this