• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Swazy

[car_upgrade] My Mi16-conversion Euro-style

Swazy

Just wanted to show you my Conversion, so i hope you´ll like it.

Well, my car was an 205 called "Winner", don´t know if this car was sold like this in uk.

Basis was a red 205 build in 1993, came with a std TU3M/C and 75 hp. The Interieur was taken from the std rallys.

After some work on the TU with Schrick-Cam, ported and polished head, injektion from a Fiat Uno, a new ecu it had 114 hp on her axles.

Pic

I mounted first 30 mm lowering springs, then 60mm ones from FK Automotive and least adjustable coil overs from FK

The orig. 14 inch alloys had been damaged, so took orig GTI 1,9 alloys and after them i bought 7+8x14 RSL Motorsports.

Pic

Pic

So i drove the car for months but i saw this great 306 Cab Platinum and i thought it was time to get a newer car.

But my 205 never let me alone in my mind, so i decided to rebuild it another time :P

So i stripped the whole car, it had to get a newer paintjob. Through i love red on 205´s we took the std valelunga red

Pic

Pic

Pic

Also some unneeded things had to go:

Pic

After we painted it again in red i wanted to have something unique, so the clear coat was full of flakes in chrome, gold and silver.

Pic

A lot of work i can tell you.

As i wanted to have more power under the bonnet, an automatic bonnet of course, i decided to get an MI.

Surely i needed new axles, so i stripped a late Griffe, i took everything i needed.

Brakepads are from EBC, Green Stuff and the discs are from Zimmermann

Pic

Pic

Pic

The engine, a std XU9J4 i bought for 300 Euros, but i wanted something unique again, so i decided to take the inletmanifold from a 306 GTI6 with XU10J4RS engine through it has a resonance box underneath the manifold wich allows more torque in lower gear ratios.

Pic

As i used the looms from a GTI XU9JAZ i couldn´t use the throttle body from GTI6, so a friend made me a plate to use the std mi throttle

Pic

The head from my MI16 is ported and polished, has dbilas cams and a cam rod from XUD9 on the inlet cam.

The exhaust manifold came from Terantex and it fits soo good.

Pic

After i had less space for airfilter, a friend made a unique plate, same like the adapter from Spoox, but made from one peace, we did several so somebody of you needs one.

So that´s it, i will let you know if i remember on more details, through my head is empty now B)

Let me hear what you think about my car

Pic

Swazy

This one works :P

jackherer

very nice :P

is the manifold made from stainless steel?

Swazy
very nice :P

is the manifold made from stainless steel?

Yes the exhaust manifold is made from stainless steel, take a look at Terantex!!

If you have questions feel free to ask Jan, the owner

jackherer

I can't read German unfortunately :(

How much do they cost? And is the fit and finish good?

Bally

I like it. Alot of work has been done and the result is good

Swazy
I can't read German unfortunately :(

How much do they cost? And is the fit and finish good?

639 Euro inkl. VAT with Lambda plus shipping

jackherer

thanks, thats about £470.

dee205

Does the GTi6 manifold give any improvements? Is it only the throttle body that needed to be made to fit?

Damien

Swazy

Yes, you have to do a plate that allows you to mount MI16 Throttle body onto GTI6-Inlet manifold.

Second thing is, you have to cut the resonance box underneath the manifold on the left side at the corner

That´s all

Swazy

Question,

i used the loom from 205 GTI XU9JAZ with 3 row ecu and ecu from MI16, ignition coil etc from XU9JAZ

Should there are any probs? Because i don´t have sparks

We put in the existing loom from xu9jaz the missing cables for sad and knock sensor, nothing else.

As is already said the wiring loom is a 3 row one, and it matches perfect to the ecu from mi16 xu9j4.

everything else is xu9jaz, only the sensors are mi16 ones.

AFM is xu9jaz too.

Just have to check wich bosch number i have.

Any tips?

Edited by Swazy

cybernck

try a GTI coil and check the earths.

Swazy
try a GTI coil and check the earths.

Coil and ignition ecu are taken from gti, earth is there.

Just mounted another earth cable between gearbox and carosserie

Swazy

Today i checked for power in my car, there´s everywhere power i need.

i have a yellow relais in my glovebox, if i put earth on it my fuel pump runs.

I have power on the coil pack and on my ecu, but the engine won´t start, starter works fine

:D

cybernck

ok, getting close, but i can't figure out one thing - what's not working?

you don't get sparks - i understand, but it looks to me that the fuel pump doesn't run either (when cranking)?

this leads to one thing - ECU, as it controls both the fuel pump and coil (via the ignition module).

you need to check the following:

1) the green relay i mention in this topic

2) 10A fuse in the fuse box, with white #76A wires

3) unmarked 10A or 15A fuse in the fusebox (strange, i know!).

Swazy

The Fuses i checked already, they are all good.

i have two green relays in this little black box, both are same.

I have a purple relais and a brown relais left i don´t know where to fit them and if they match to my car as well

cybernck

well, here's what the standard DFW Mi16 (XU9JAZ) fuel/relay box looks like:

205Mi32_Ph5_010.thumb.jpg

205Mi32_Ph5_011.thumb.jpg

green is for injectors and brown for the ECU itself while purple should be for aircondition.

anyway, since you're using the XU9JAZ loom, it shouldn't concern you as you've kept

the existing relays - one of the greens is for the ECU and the yellow one in the glovebox

by the ECU is for the fuel pump.

however, you still haven't cleared up wether your fuel pump runs on cranking or not?

i'm not sure what does this mean:

i have a yellow relais in my glovebox, if i put earth on it my fuel pump runs.

as it should have the earth and ECU should trigger the relay to give +12v to the pump.

but, if you don't have sparks and don't have fuel at the same time, then the ECU doesn't know

the engine is cranking (turning over), which is down to the TDC sensor on the gearbox.

otherwise, if it's only sparks missing, it should be the earthing for the ignition amp:

205Mi32_Ph5_015.thumb.jpg

but you didn't touch that if i'm not mistaken?

have you determined if you don't have sparks BEFORE or AFTER the distributor?

hope this helps.

Swazy

Well, if i will start my engine, fuel pump doesn´t runs. Also the relay don´t make anything. Normally you´ll put keys on ignition you´ll hear a "knock" out of the glovebox. But that doesn´t comes.

If i put earth manual on pins from ecu the green relay in fusebox works, also if i put earth manual on yellow relay the pump runs.

I ordered a new ignition module and a new coil pack, also i borrow me a ecu from mi16, maybe the ecu itselfs doesn´t works though ecu put earth on iginition module and fuel pump relay

petert

I think I might know what your problem is. First of all, hot wire the fuel pump relay so it's on all time. If the car starts it's most likely this. I've been caught before.

Look at the wiring diagram: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?a...post&id=859

M744 - pump relay

M783 - injector relay

There is a wire, 20A, running from Pin 37 of the ECU to the Injector Relay. If there isn't 12V at pin 37, the ECU won't ground the fuel pump relay, on Pin 3 of the ECU. Grounding this wire, 20C, will start the fuel pump.

Pin 37 (wire 20A) is a safety switch, so fuel won't pressurize if the injectors aren't active.

Anyhow, that's how you do it Aussie style.

Edited by petert

Swazy

Ok, i checked power on relays, on ignition relay i have two thicker brown cables with 12v on it and 2 two white cables with one on 12V

In the glovebox on pump relay i have two cables with 12v on it, a thick red one and white one

If ecu is connected and i ground pump relay on that brown cable in the plug pump starts to run.

If have key on iginition and connect the ecu the iginition relay starts to ticker

Numbers on that plug is 20 and 19, both brown and 1C i think on that white one.

Hope you know what i mean

Swazy

Today i looked for spark again :P

As is have power on connector for ignition module and power on the coil pack also on ignition relay and fuel pump relay if ecu is connected, i checked for spark bevor distributer.

As we turned the keys on ignition i had spark for a second, nothing after.

So no spark will come to the plugs?!

I hope anyone of you have an idea what my problem may be?!

Need help, quick :D

PS: Ignition module and coil pack are new

Swazy

Well, i still haven´t spark before plugs and behind the coil.

as i already told you i DO have power at ignition module and coil.

Yesterday i checked ecu with original peugeot diagnostic tool "TEP" for faults, none!!

Everything seems to be as it should be, no fault codes there.

My car is almost finished, almost the exhaust has to be made.

So maybe anyone of you had such a problem before, so you could give me a tip where i have to search for the fault.

I´m getting horny to see my lovely car in the garage and more angry about not to drive it

jackherer

I have seen exactly these symptoms on someone elses 205 Mi16 but I didn't work out what was wrong and the car has been broken now. All I can say is in that case it was definitely a wiring problem, I used parts from my 205 to rule out problems so it came down to a fault in the loom.

Swazy
I have seen exactly these symptoms on someone elses 205 Mi16 but I didn't work out what was wrong and the car has been broken now. All I can say is in that case it was definitely a wiring problem, I used parts from my 205 to rule out problems so it came down to a fault in the loom.

The loom has been checked i might to know. Cause a friend did the loom with knock sensor and idle control

So it "should" be ok.

But maybe i did a fault by lenghtening the cables for ignition coil. Strange that i have power at the coil

jackherer

Its got to be worth checking the wires you've extended. It is a very confusing fault, as they spark occasionally there can't be much wrong.