• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Water Leaking In

Pob

Hi all,

I've read a couple of posts about this, but not sure if its the same as mine.

Today I noticed the sound proofing was wet on the passenger side, so I removed all the seats, took the carpet out and binned the sound proofing. The sound proofing on the bulk head (Foam stuff) was wet behind it particularly behind the panel on the left (With the bonnet release catch on it) What could be causing water to come in?

Many Thanks,

Dan

chrisj21

Im in the process of stripping my shell down at the mo and have also found damp soundproofing.mainly in the passenger side rear footwell,it was coming through the door seal where it joins at the bottom.

if i was you i would make sure you check the water hasn't got under the paint and rusted through the floor as mine had :angry:

hope this helps :rolleyes:

Pob
Im in the process of stripping my shell down at the mo and have also found damp soundproofing.mainly in the passenger side rear footwell,it was coming through the door seal where it joins at the bottom.

if i was you i would make sure you check the water hasn't got under the paint and rusted through the floor as mine had :angry:

hope this helps :rolleyes:

I've removed the carpet, and there was water coming through the seam sealer on the inner sill... I've cut it out and going to re-seal it. I've also found a small hole in the floor, but it doesn't go through. Going to plate it. Is there anything on the passenger side bulk head that can leak?

Thanks,

Dana

steve@cornwall
I've removed the carpet, and there was water coming through the seam sealer on the inner sill... I've cut it out and going to re-seal it. I've also found a small hole in the floor, but it doesn't go through. Going to plate it. Is there anything on the passenger side bulk head that can leak?

Thanks,

Dana

The fan motor is sealed with a foam type gasket which by this age has usually degraded. I'd use silicon to re-seal but it ould be a b***er to remove later :rolleyes:

Check that the drains at the bottom of the wings and top of scuttle panel are clear as if not this will allow water ingress via the heater motor

Pob

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies... I've had a look today where the water is leaking in. Its was coming behind the seam sealer, I cut it back and its leaking from the panel on the passenger foot well on the left where the bonnet catch bolts onto it. Its coming from the edge of that panel in the corner near the bulk head. Has anyone had this happen before? How can I stop it? I could re-seal it with seam sealer, Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

steve@cornwall
Hi,

Thanks for all the replies... I've had a look today where the water is leaking in. Its was coming behind the seam sealer, I cut it back and its leaking from the panel on the passenger foot well on the left where the bonnet catch bolts onto it. Its coming from the edge of that panel in the corner near the bulk head. Has anyone had this happen before? How can I stop it? I could re-seal it with seam sealer, Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

Should be drain slots at the bottom of the wings, poke something up them to see if they are clear!

Pob

Hi,

Water does pour out of the bottom of the wing, but it also trickles inside :unsure:

Dan

Super Josh

The seam sealer shrinks and cracks with age. Just put some new stuff in :unsure:

Josh

Pob

Thanks for the replies and the information, much appreciated.

Today it has been raining quite heavily and I've noticed that water is leaking in the rear windows. I have ordered new seals for the windows, so that will cure it. But I've noticed that water is getting into the sills, is this coming from the window seals leaking?

Many Thanks,

Dan

Sign in to follow this