• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ant

2.0 Turbo Vss / Speedo Issue Again

Ant

Going back to my previous topic ( cant post as i cant search for it because the search function is offline ) i was attempting to fit the 605 speedo ( electric now cable ) and 605 rev counter into the 205 Dash.

ive now managed to wire up the 605 rev counter and that all works ( photos soon )

The speedo hasnt been soo easy..

The interface on mine has

131 ( ECU)

131 J - speedo

130 ( speed sensor on the gearbox)

129 ( speed sensor on the gearbox)

M52 ( presume earth )

52V

The 131 J went to a diod then to the speedo clock ( along with a + and -ve connection )

Ive got everything else wired up except the 52V

Ive looked at the following diagram

2.0 wiring

"1625" is the sender unit but 52V goes off to 6A - anyone know what that means or where it goes..And why there is no connection to the speedo " 4"

Cheers

Ant

pug_ham

I think from that diagram 6a is possibly the fusebox(PSF) connector which it goes to, runs through fuse19 & has 12v fed from the ignition switch for when the engine is running.

There is a connection to the speedo (instruments) from the ecu via wires 50DE/DF, from ecu pin 32 & via the trip computer (7210).

Graham.

Ant

Never spotted that - Cheers Graham...

Anyone know what the trip computer looks like or where it was located on the 605.. I just cut out the whole wiring loom so may still have that..

Thanks

Ant

I think from that diagram 6a is possibly the fusebox(PSF) connector which it goes to, runs through fuse19 & has 12v fed from the ignition switch for when the engine is running.

There is a connection to the speedo (instruments) from the ecu via wires 50DE/DF, from ecu pin 32 & via the trip computer (7210).

Graham.

Hilgie

yes it looks like this.

post-125-1193255999_thumb.jpg

post-125-1193256013_thumb.jpg

Ant
yes it looks like this.

Isnt that the Vehicle speed interface unit ( 1625 ) on the diagram ? Now im really confused :wub:

cheers

Hilgie

Oh..sorry yes it is!

Ant
Oh..sorry yes it is!

:lol: Whew - Actually a relief, as all my wiring goes to that :wub:

So does anyone know what this trip computer is ( 7210 ) - i cant even remember seeing one.. I followed all the wires back from the fuses box and they either went to the speed interface and 1 to the speedo..

Hilgie

I *think* it is integrated in the speedometer.

Ant

all sorted...

For reference for others

Pin 4 ---> 131J goes to pin 11 on ECU

Pin 5 ---> 131? goes to speedo

Pin 6 ---> 52V goes to switched live

Pin 7 ---> 130C - Sensor on Gbox

Pin 8 ---> 129V - Sensor on Gbox

Pin 9 ---> M52V goes to earth

Nothing different that when i first tested.. Must have been a lose earth / live connection when i tried it last week

Useful to note though that ECUs must be different depending on year etc. My 131J goes to pin 11 not 9 as in the diagram and pin 32 is unconnected on my ECU !!!

So now ive got the 605 speedo and rev meter in the 205.. Means i dont need to have the speedo cable either :wacko: Had to cut away the back of the dash casing slightly but they fit well :blink: I'll get pics up soon

Cheers for the advice guys.

sonofsam

Hi Ant, nice one!

Sign in to follow this