• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Wiring An Mi16 Conversion

Richie-Van-GTi

I dont need masses of info, just a few quick things that I cant find without search :)

First off, its an old phase 1 205 (not 1.5) so the sensor loom is totally seperate from the engine loom so in theory all that side is sorted except for the tacho. Can I just take the wire from the old cylindrical coil that feeds the tacho and hook it straight onto the square coil wires? If so which one

Second is fuel pump, we have the complete 405 loom going in including the 2 main relays, guessing one switches on coil and injectors and the other controls fuel pump so do I just take the feed from this straight to fuel pump live and ditch the tach relay?

Hoping to fire her up this afternoon so all advice welcome

pugman211

Yea, my 309 was a phase 1, so sensor loom was easy!! A bit like plug and play. I just fed the fuel pump wire from the 405 loom straight to wire 74 i think (70 something), which is the fuel pump wire to the tach relay. Then i removed the rest of the tach relay loom as its no longer needed.

As for the rev counter, you need wire 112 for that. I got mine from the inner wing mounted coil. Not too sure which you would connect it too as mine is an alloy block. Yours sounds like the iron block with individual coil packs????

Richie-Van-GTi

yeah alloy block 1.9 with the single square inlet mounted coil, Im guessing I just put wire 112 from the old loom straight into the coil but not sure which pin.

pugman211

fuel pump wire no. 76 if im right Richie. As for the tacho, i just found the wire i needed on the end of the 405 loom (where the block connectors were) and just connected that to 112 from the 309. So look at the end of the 405 loom, if its not broken up etc, it should have the wire numbers on it.

pugman211

did u you get it sorted Richie?????

Sign in to follow this