• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ChrisB

Misting Up

ChrisB

I came out of work today to find all of my windows misted up, condensation on every window on the inside. How can i stop this?

TT205

Use a dehumidifier to get rid of the excess water, then need to work out where it has come from

- have you valeted the upholstery recently? If not you probably have a leak - sunroof, rear-window seals, heater matrix, windscreen etc

Jrod

All of those except the sunroof are leaking on mine. :)

Must...pull...finger...out.

CaptainK

I have bad condensation as well. All windows soaked with water. Most annoying. Don't know where its coming from. The sunroof used to leak, but thats been fixed now.

How do you check the window seals and heater matrix and so forth?

Daxed

Water leaking from the heater matrix or associated pipework will taste very different from rainwater ingressing through one of the million other entry possibilities.

Just test with a 'finger-dab' though, as it isn't nice.

Be wary of neighbours also............... Person seen licking the lower interior of a car can be unnerving.

CaptainK

I think mines rainwater as the coolant level doesn't go down that quickly - the amount of condensation I have in my car is unreal. Its like as though someones had a sauna in there. Worse if it was cold overnight and I have ice inside on all windows. ;)

But I'll do the taste test to make sure. :lol:

ChrisB

Mines rain water. whats best way to test windscreen and sunroof?

steve@cornwall

In the recent very heavy rain I noticed this - now I know my problem!

DSC00380.jpg

CaptainK
In the recent very heavy rain I noticed this - now I know my problem!

How do you fix that Steve? I think mine leaks from there as well.....

... and from the drivers side "arm" that holds the drivers sunvisor on. :)

steve@cornwall
How do you fix that Steve? I think mine leaks from there as well.....

... and from the drivers side "arm" that holds the drivers sunvisor on. :(

New seal would be best. I'll most likely run a bead of clear silicon around the seal where it fits the body and re-fit (once I've painted the quarter)

CaptainK
New seal would be best. I'll most likely run a bead of clear silicon around the seal where it fits the body and re-fit (once I've painted the quarter)

Thanks. I'll look into getting that done soon.

Simes

Silicone doesn't work, trust me.

Buy new seals.

steve@cornwall
Silicone doesn't work, trust me.

Buy new seals.

Worked on my old one :) Take seal off, clean the inner lip of the outside of the seal with thinners, also the ridge on body. Re fit, but leave to set for 30 mins. or so before re fitting window. new seal would be much better, though

jodycraw

Plus more expensive, think they're about £40 each from Peugeot.

ChrisB

£40 a pair i think.

ChrisB

I think i've found my problem, the sunroof does seal completely against the glass. you can hear and see the seal go up and down it just doesn't go far enough. Any ideas?

hodgy

least you windscreen doesnt freez on the inside like mine lol

CaptainK

Mine does as well. Amuses the neighbours as I de-ice the inside of my car. :wub:

jackherer

at least your speedo/gauges cover doesn't freeze on the inside like mine lol :wub::lol:

Paintguy
Worked on my old one :D Take seal off, clean the inner lip of the outside of the seal with thinners, also the ridge on body. Re fit, but leave to set for 30 mins. or so before re fitting window. new seal would be much better, though

Sound to me like that'll work fine, but some kind of non-setting sealer would be even better. That's what most cars use nowadays, as it stop capillary action drawing water around the U shape of the seal.

McPikie

ROFL

Been there, done that :D

It's sooooo much harder to do

sutol

If your windscreen mists up and you dont have a leak then it could be due to either, dirty glass, grease on glass from the back of your hand etc, polish , or all three.

Clean the glass with hot water, a drop of soap and a little vinegar to remove dirt and grease.

Allow to dry and then smear a little washing up liquid on the glass and leave that to dry.

Magic, no more misting up in a morning :D

jim205GTI

Ah good plan sutol..... should have thought of that my self as thats what they use on the paintball goggles to stop them from misting up...... i know i shall do in a bit!!

ChrisB

Ok, all my seals are good i've cleaned the glass but the sunroof seal is my problem. It doesn't seem to meet the glass fully and starts whistling at 75 mph.

osama

mine also whistles at 75mph...i think its coming from near the wingmirror? no idea why?! i even took my door card off and have been driving trying to find the problem but with no luck.

Sign in to follow this