• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Ingram

Removing Part Of The Front Panel

Dan Ingram

I've got rid of the driving lights from the front of my car and will be cutting out where they sit to make vents. Once the bumper is cut away it leaves some of the front panel showing behind it a getting in the way. What I'd like to know is if its ok to remove some of the panel or is it structural?

stripped-front-2.jpg

I've circled the area that roughly needs to be removed and as far as I can tell it doesn't appear to be structural but I'm no expert and wouldn't mind a second or third opinion before I go cutting away.

Tom Fenton

I cut those parts out for brake ducting. Bit annoying since I had just spent a lot of time and effort replacing one of the panels as it was totally rotten. Ducts to the brakes seem to work well though. You'll have to cut out quite a bit more than you have circled to do anything useful with ducts though.

Dan Ingram

I'm going to be using them for brake ducts aswell. You don't happen to have a picture of how much you removed have you?

welshpug

they're the brackets that the driving lights bolt to IIRC (through the spoiler), they help stop the front lower spoiler from flapping about with the weight of the lamps

Tom Fenton

I don't think I took any pictures of the front panel cut out. Here is the bumper with ducts in. I got them from Merlin Motorsport, one of the sizes that they sell is just right for the 205 valance. You do need to trim them to suit though obviously.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/tom...nt=DSC00204.jpg

Dan Ingram

Excellent thanks. I'll get cutting then and worry about the vents later.

Tom Fenton

I fitted the ducts to the valance and then offered the bumper up to judge where to cut when I did it. Up to you which way you do it though.

Dan Ingram

You make a good point. How much were your vents if you don't mind me asking??

Tom Fenton

Christ knows, was ages ago. Not that dear though, £20-odd the pair something like that?

Sign in to follow this