• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

306 Seats In A 205

tidypug

I like the xm seats that i have in my car at the moment, i just need something with a bit more lateral support and not full leather as they are quite slidey as i find myself hanging onto the wheel when i'm hooning about. I found that the 205 seats give me back ache and finding a good set is pretty tricky these days. So i got to thinking about 306 gti6 or xsi seats, has anyone fitted these to a 205, are they quite supportive and comfortable? Are the mounting holes the same as 405 seats or are they totally different?

jim205GTI

i find the seats in my 306 xsi supportive and comfortable. I should imagine it would be quite a job to get them fitted in to a 205 comfortably as they are wider then the standard 205 seat and then getting the subframes to fit :)

All Praise The GTI

just to add the seats in my phase two dturbo are awesome. like buckets they have 'wings'? on the sides which hold you in the bends

(not that my dturbo goes round bends quite like a 205 tho!!! :)

gti-6 seat in a 205 would be lush :wub:

tidypug

thats what i like to hear. My only real concerns are how much taller the seat base is compared to a 205 and are the seat mounting holes the same size as the 405 seats?

welshpug

seeing as you already have XM seats fitted I doubt the size is an issue at all! I have seen 405 seats in a 205 (IIRC thats what are in the Red 205 that James Lumley have just bought back)

306 seats are quite similar in size to the 405, though I think the best PSA seat I've sat in is the ZX 16v seats, nice comfy velour sports seats :)

tidypug

i was hoping to be able to use the adapters for some different seats. I saw some seats from an xsi 306 i think that i thought would look quite oem as they were red and black, my top choice would be the half swade half leather gti6 seats. Do you have any pics of the seats Welshpug?

welshpug

I haven't sorry, If I remember I'll get some this weekend, I may even remember to measure the bolt spacings...

cybernck

i've measured 205 GTI and 306 GTI-6 front and rear seats all over a while ago :).

surprisingly, 306's front seats are about the same dimensions as 205 ones, but very different in shape ofcourse.

the biggest difference is in rails, as outer rails on 306 seats are sort-of side mounted to the car.

someone here on the forum said the solution was to adapt and fit 205's seat rails on them though.

i'll scan in and upload my complete measurements here tomorrow - please remind me if i forget :wub:.

richsmells

I bought a set of 306 XSI seats, but gave up fitting them as I don't have a workshop to knock up some brackets.

I test fitted the 306 seat in place and there's enough room. I would agree that the tilting 205 seat subframes should be fitted with some adapting brackets.

They have nice big bolsters, are more sturdy and are very comfy. :)

Edited by richsmells

tidypug

I've juyst been down to the scrappy to get some bits so have had a look over the 306 seats. It looks like i'd be able to cut the lower seat mount off leaving 4 pads were the old mounts were. Hopefully i could make an adaptor plate to fit between the seat and base. I forgot my tape measure so i will have to wait for you to put up the measurments cybernck.

danpug

I prefer my 205 seats for comfort and i also reckon they hold you in better than gti6 seats, maybe i've just got a good set!?

Edited by danpug

craig f90

Ive got 405 leather seats modified to fit the 205 subframes in my 205. rear seat is re trimmed to match as the 405 rear is a poor fit in my opinion. :)

tidypug

I had 405 seats in before the xm seats i have now. I think that you slide around too much because they're leather, thats why i'm after some half leather seats.

ledders

If you manage to get them in mate let me know as I have a spare set of 306 xsi seats knocking about.. think there more comfortable but then I am fat so I crush the bolsters anyway!!!

cybernck

here are my measurements :lol:.

post-4-1200188394_thumb.jpg

i've got a 205 GTI seat out of the car (and a 306 one too), so i could take a closer look at the rails and take pics and measurements.

tidypug

That would be good, could you please. I'm happy that the seats themselves will fit fine, well the fronts anyway, its just the rails that i'm concerned about.

Would you be able to measure the distance between the 4 squares were the rails mount to the seats. I'm hoping that i could fit a bracket here go between the 205 runners and 306 seat.

cybernck

yeah that's what i planned to do and i should be able to do it tomorrow :).

Dino

One thing you might want to consider is that the 306 seats weigh an absolute ton!!!! The 205 seats are relatively lightweight in comparison!

Somehow I am guessing thats not a concern of yours though :D

GTi6/S16/XSi seats are soooo much more supportive and comfy than 205 GTi items though. Whilst I dont own a 205 anymore I'm quite interested to see if you can make this work :)

Good luck B)

tidypug

Thanks bud, If you want to donat a pair of seats to the cause i wouldn't turn them down :D . I would love a pair of the half leather / swede ones but they go for a load when they do come up.

tidypug

well it looks like i'm going to have to make 306 seats fit now as i've bought a full interior. I hope i can make them fit after all this!

cybernck

ok, i've taken all the pics and measurements and it's looking good! :)

i'll post it all tomorrow though as i didn't have the time today.

de Noir

How about 309GTI/405Mi seats?

309 rails fits in 205 with only slight modifications.

Seats have adjustable lumbal support + driver seat has extra adjustable upper side support...

tidypug

I had a set of them in before the xm seats, i found them quite supportive but decided to swap them as mine were a bit on the tatty side.

Dino
well it looks like i'm going to have to make 306 seats fit now as i've bought a full interior. I hope i can make them fit after all this!

Thats a shame as I actually have a pair of spare front seats I would have let go for cheap :)

Hilgie

A mate of mine has done this mod to his CTi. The idea is to use the 205 rails on the 306 seats.

Sign in to follow this