• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest projectje

Megasquirt Ii Sensor Valeus, Need Help

Guest projectje

hi

so finally back to finishing my project after some major problems with my megasquirt hardware, so what do I have, what do I need

i have an mi16 with cbr1000 throttlebodies 2 injectors per cilinder, edis coil pack, runningwasted spark with 2 vb921

what i need is value to help megasquirt calculate coolantsensor

and wich number is cylinder nr 1 in my opinion it is the one closest to the flyweel but hope someone can confirm this because i get backfire.

the value i use in megasquirt 2 extra is toothed wheel: 60. missing teeth:2. Tooth nr 1 angle btc 114. but this isn't workinkg so can someone please help me out what this should be

thanks

rob

welshpug

cylinder 1 is Flywheel end on all PSA engines :)

cybernck

coolant sensor information has been posted a few times on the forum already.

as for the flywheel settings, just use what was noted as a working example in Megamanual :).

i recommend you do a search, as you'll find several useful Megasquirt-related topics!

Guest projectje
coolant sensor information has been posted a few times on the forum already.

as for the flywheel settings, just use what was noted as a working example in Megamanual :).

i recommend you do a search, as you'll find several useful Megasquirt-related topics!

ok will do another search for coolant settings, for the flyweel settings the settings the settings i mentioned above are the ones from the megasquirt 2 extra manual but they dont seem to be right, with cilinder 1 at the flywheel end so thats why im asking what u guys are using.

thanks

rob

Richie-Van-GTi

remove spark plug from number one cylinder and the ring gear cover on the gearbox bell housing and also the crank position sensor, drop a long dowel down the spark plug hole and turn the engine by hand to find TDC on cylinder one. With the engine at tdc use a small paintbrush to paint the ring gear through the crank position sensor hole so the TDC tooth is marked clearly. Now get an assistent to turn the engine slowly whilst you watch through the ring gear cover. Count the missing 2 teeth as number 1 and continue to count teeth as they rotate the engine slowly until you get to the marked tooth. This will give you your intial trigger value. Use this to replace whatever megasquirt give as their example. I found mine worked best set to trigger return with spark angle of 60.

Thats as much as I remember as I dont us megasquirt anymore and havent got any maps saved from it.

PS, have you used trigger logger to make sure you are getting a nice clean signal off the crank position sensor?

snillet

Be aware that you need to wire in the sensor with reversed polarity into MS compared to stock bosch ecu wiring. This will cause strange effects on the wheeldecoding if not noted.

Mad Professor

If you are running the lastest version of MS2 Extra here are the settings your need.

Here are the settings for 60-2 Trigger Wheel on a XU engine.

Trigger%20Wheel%20Settings.jpg

Ignition%20Options.jpg

You will get missfires and or back fires if you have not setup your dwell time right.

Here are the settings I just with the peugeot coil packs.

More%20Ignition%20Options.jpg

Hope this is of some help.

Edited by Mad Professor

jackherer

So do the people running Megasquirts think its worth using an MSII instead of a MS1 then?

Sorry for the off topic...

snillet
So do the people running Megasquirts think its worth using an MSII instead of a MS1 then?

Sorry for the off topic...

I am about to do so soon, The MS2 processor has so much more "grunt" in terms of mHz and higher resolution that i think it´ll defenitly be worth it.

Running the extracode. of course.... i run the extra hires on an "I" processor now.

Sign in to follow this