• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Exhaust, Help Me Decide

Doof

Ok, i'm trying to decide on the route to go for my exhaust manifold for my S16 conversion.

Option 1 - Standard S16 manifold, fitment is apparently not an issue but they crack! Price - Free

Option 2 - Standard S16 manifold ceramic coated inside and out, would this prevent cracking? Price - £160

Option 3 - Maniflow manifold, doesn't clear the bulkhead so modifications need to be made, could cut and weld? Price £400

Option 4 - GTI-6 adaptor plate from PeterT and GTI6 manifold, apparently clearance is still and issue Price £150ish

Option 5 - Custom, no idea on price but i dare say it'll be high, at least it'll fit!

Due to the costs of custom / maniflow and the fact only the S16 manifold fits without mods, i'm leaning toward a ceramic coated S16 manifold, its just whether the coating will stop it from cracking!

Help me decide please! :blush:

Lewis

jackherer

Option 2 might fit, an S16 with a 4/2/1 went in my mates old 205 just fine, however it doesn't fit as well in his new shell so its a gamble.

benlilly

I'm pretty sure ceramic coating won't help with cracking issues. Ceramic is pretty brittle.

Doof

But it'll keep the exhaust cooler right?

pip470

It wont keep the exhaust cooler, but it will keep the bay cooler by stopping it radiating heat off.

Alastairh

First option.

But if you've got the cash, id make option 3 fit :)

Doof

Thing is, i've got an exhaust that i've done some porting on but its cracked already. Does welding them up really fix them? or are you better off just getting one without a crack...that will probably crack in the same place.

Miles

where did you get the £400 for the maniflow, you could drop the engine 10mm to gain the clearance back

Doof
where did you get the £400 for the maniflow, you could drop the engine 10mm to gain the clearance back

Price from the maniflow site - £381.88 inc VAT

Is there much to be had power wise from one of these?

Miles

I think I'll have to put my prices up then, I supply them less than that by a fair way.

Never done a back to back test with them so I can;t say 'x' but you do get more torque from them than anything else.

Sign in to follow this