• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

1.6 And 1.9 Wishbones

DamirGTI

Hello !

Something is bugging me :) , i've bought today new RH wishbone (aftermarket "Delphi") , gone for a spin to try it out and now my steering wheel is out of center :wacko: and the car is pulling slightly to left - wheel alignment has changed .. also i can notice that this right tyre has gone a little bit inside when i look at the tyres from the front compared to the left one ..

My car is early Ph1 1.6 (with wider front track) , so is there a difference in between early 1.6 and 1.9 wishbones ? :excl:

Thanks ! :)

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

jackherer

The wishbones are all the same,the track difference is due to the hub.

Its normal to need a realignment after changing a wishbone, due to wear in the old bushes as well as manufacturing tolerances.

DamirGTI

Really :wacko: i didn't know that :) (i've been changing them separately before but always with OE Peugeot wishbones and all was fine , was no need for alignment adjusting , looks like this aftermarket one is a little bit different ..)

Ok then wheel alignment adjusting first thing tomorrow :)

Thanks ! :excl:

Damir

1 FAT PUG
The wishbones are all the same,the track difference is due to the hub.

Its normal to need a realignment after changing a wishbone, due to wear in the old bushes as well as manufacturing tolerances.

i just had my passanger one chaged and notice it pulls to that side and then when you accelerate it seems to be ok, this the problem .?? noticed aswell that when turnin it is alot harder when you turn right and easy left, will get it booked in for tracking doin to check

jackherer
i just had my passanger one chaged and notice it pulls to that side and then when you accelerate it seems to be ok, this the problem .?? noticed aswell that when turnin it is alot harder when you turn right and easy left, will get it booked in for tracking doin to check

If it changes direction when you go on and off the power there is still some play somewhere. Either the wishbone you have fitted is a pattern one which are notorious for having bushes that fail almost immediately or the other wishbone has an issue (either its bushes or the balljoint) or worse case scenario is the balljoint holes in the hubs have become ovalled.

Have a proper check for play before you get it tracked as alignment isn't the problem.

1 FAT PUG

yea will have a look today at it :)

philfingers

will also do this with perfect components if you have an LSD and eith the tracking is out OR the tyre pressures are out side to side by more than about 2-3 PSI. LSDs highlight any out of specs in these areas,

Phil

Sign in to follow this