• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
screwloose

Brake Fluid

screwloose

I have done a search but didn't really find a clear answer. I don't want to spend an absolute fortune so that rules out Castrol SRF!

Just want to know what the best brake fluid for my 205 track car is.

I've heard cases for dot 5.1, 4 and super dot 4 (4+) What are the pros and cons in laymans terms of each?! :wacko:

Also heard of the following recommendations:

AP Racing AP600 ----- I've heard these AP ones are not to be used with any magnesium braking parts - will this present any probs with a 205?

AP Racing PRF 600-----

Castrol Response dot 4

Castrol Response Super Performance Synthetic Brake Fluid Super dot 4

Motul RBF600

Halfrauds Racing Brake Fluid DOT 4

Can anyone reccommend any others they have used?

thanks for any help its really appreciated, Jonny.

swordfish210

I'v used the Castrol Response Dot4 with good results before. I'm now using ATE Dot4 Racing Blue which is pretty good stuff as well. Either gets my vote really

Chris H

I've used the Castrol super dot 4 and its doen well as had Lucas Grand Prix but i don't think thats avalible these days.

I have used the motul RBF and Brembo LCF with great results and they are used in the subaru and mitsubishi wrc cars.

I have a few bottles of halfords stuff but not tried it yet....i'd like to hear results from anyone who has tried it.

Castrol SRF is the best but very expensive and i'd be very surprised if you need that.

mafo

Another vote for using ATE Dot4 Racing Blue.

McDude

You definitely need a Dot 4; if I recall Dot 5.1 is a synthetic for ABS cars and does not have a higher boiling point than Dot 4.

What does have a higher boiling point than Dot 4 is 'Racing' Dot 4 - call it whatever you like.

I've put in some Halfords Racing Dot 4 and I can say it is fine on hard road use. Not been on the track yet, but I don't expect any adverse effects.

RonnieG

Another vote here for ATE Dot 4 Racing Blue.

Trackdays only for my 205 now - Pads/discs smelling & looking as though they have been through a furnace at times but still no fade whatsoever.....

Especially at £12 a Ltr from the local Euro Car Parts :lol:

Edited by RonnieG

swordfish210

Ah it's good to know that other people like the ATE stuff. I found it really easy to bleed it through because of the colour :lol: Oh and my liter was free from ECP :o

Sign in to follow this