• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallyeluke

Please Somebody Tell Me The Correct Way Round The Leads Should Go On A

rallyeluke

as above, need help asap, cheers

ifcho

on what engine?

rallyeluke

205 gti 1.9 1991 model non cat. cheers

suth82

The firing order is 1-3-4-2, just set piston 1 (Clutch end) at TDC and the rotor arm will be pointing at lead no1 on the dizzy cap, just work your way round from there in the direction of rotation.

Paul

pug_ham

A search should've found this but even though picture shows an Mi engine the leads order & positions on the distributer cap are the same.

Graham.

post-71-1209852729_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Project205

Hi,

I have replaced my leads with new ones, thought I had placed them on the cap in the correct locations only I haven't!

My distributor cap is different to the one shown above - it is screwed on and the leads all face down. Any one able to identify the correct locatons for me? Haynes just says note the locations before removing, which I thought I had done but guess I have two the wrong way round.

Many thanks,

David

Mikey G
Hi,

I have replaced my leads with new ones, thought I had placed them on the cap in the correct locations only I haven't!

My distributor cap is different to the one shown above - it is screwed on and the leads all face down. Any one able to identify the correct locatons for me? Haynes just says note the locations before removing, which I thought I had done but guess I have two the wrong way round.

Many thanks,

David

Just do as said by suth82 above

The firing order is 1-3-4-2, just set piston 1 (Clutch end) at TDC and the rotor arm will be pointing at lead no1 on the dizzy cap, just work your way round from there in the direction of rotation.

Paul

In other words turn the engine until the cylinder nearest the distributor end is at its highest on the compression stroke (finger over the plug hole should confirm this.) Then remove the distributor cap and work out which electrode the rotor arm is pointing at. Then use that as a starting point in an anticlockwise direction as you look at it from the gearbox end, fit them in the order of 1-3-4-2 with as said number one being the clutch/dizzy end of the engine.

• Like 1

pug_ham

Whatever your cap looks like (the one in the picture is an Mi) the leads should still fit in the same order as the picture I posted on a Pug with the firing order 1-3-4-2.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this