• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Grim.Badger

Rev Counter Stopped Working

Grim.Badger

Seemingly after I fiddled with a couple of wires in the fusebox the rev counter stopped working. I know wire 2a is working as the reverse light takes its feed from it (had to bodge as the original reverse light feed doesn't work for some reason) but I don't know what other wires or fuses I could have broken to stop it from working. Any ideas?

Cheers :wacko:

jim205GTI

Fuse blown? I'm sure the rev counter uses a fuse in ther glove box? :wacko:

Would go and have a look but it's chucking it down!!!

M@tt

according to the haynes manual wiring diagrams, wire 112 (rev counter) comes straight from the coil and to the instrument cluster direct and not via the fuseboard. But don't take that as gospel!

jackherer

The tacho is fused, its one of the ones in the glovey fusebox.

according to the haynes manual wiring diagrams, wire 112 (rev counter) comes straight from the coil and to the instrument cluster direct and not via the fuseboard. But don't take that as gospel!

Thats the signal to the tacho, its the power supply that is fused.

Para

Anyone who will fixed my rev counter I will buy unlimited supply of vodka. I have visit 3 garages, change whole clocks and nobody knows what is going on... :D :D Maybe it's just living in Ireland ;)

tri_longer

Mine kept blowing fuses and in the end I disconected the feed from the reverse switch on the gearbox and it has been fine ever since.

Admittedly I have no reverse light but I'm not that conderned.

M@tt

oh right well in that case the instrument cluster has 2 positive feeds to it

by wire number 32 which comes out of the fuseboard at connector K pin 8 and is protected by fuse 2

and

by wire number 32a/b which comes out of the fuseboard at connector D pin 3 and is protected by fuse 1

61ea8283.jpg

Edited by M@tt

pug_ham

Rev counter is usually through fuse #1 along with various other dash lights.

Graham.

tony perks

have you knocked off one of the braided earth wires that run near the ignition amp i left mine off when i wired up the rally car and the tacho didnt work.

Grim.Badger

Is there meant to be a diode or fuse on wire 32a/b?

pug_ham
Is there meant to be a diode or fuse on wire 32a/b?

No, at least none that I've ever found when stripping various 205 GTi's.

Wire 32a branches off from the same pin on the underdash brown multiplugs as the coil feed wire 2A.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this