• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NeilGTi85

Morrete's - Indicator's

NeilGTi85

Hello All,

I've finally got my self a set of morrete's and now I need some indicators to go in the bumper or the valance.....not sure which yet

Ive seen some Side Repeaters for the BMW E30 which look pretty good to fit into the bumper under the red strip just need to get some opinion's.

Also my other worry is if I get smoked lense's so that they blend in will the orage bulb be visible through it / will it pass the mot??

This is the E30 Side repeater : http://www.motorforce.co.uk/product.php?ca...amp;prodId=0099 Clear Lense

http://www.linwar.com/e30_163_13702S_21.html Smoked

Suggestion\comments please :ph34r:

Neil

marc t

Those lights take a 5watt bulb. This means the lights will flash a lot faster.

I used mk2 golf front flashers with the 21watt bulb to keep the same speed flash.

I also had smoked lenses and couldn't see the orange bulb.

On my other 205 I used clear lenses. To hide the bulb you could buy the chrome bulbs or very lightly (Note, very lightly or you won't see it flash) spray an orange bulb silver. Been in my BMW like this for a few years and still fine.

NeilGTi85

Can you not change the bulbs in the E30 one's??

I never thought of that to be quite honest, cheers for the heads up :)

Neil

tri_longer

I have bought some MKII Golf ones to fit to mine, just curious how you have gone about monuting them.

NeilGTi85
I have bought some MKII Golf ones to fit to mine, just curious how you have gone about monuting them.

From the pictures I have of marc t car (thanks) it looks like he's cut the size for the bulb mounting and then put 2 screws either side...here's a pic

On another note, in this picture of Ed's old car i'm sure there the E30 one's??

Cheers

Neil

post-11474-1220278256_thumb.jpg

Edited by NeilGTi85

NeilGTi85

Marc T's

post-11474-1220278472_thumb.jpg

NeilGTi85

I cant seem to find a 21W bulb to fit the E30 Side Indicator......due to the fact that they are the push in type.

Need some more suggestion's people!! Dont really want to use the Golf one's but might have to....

Neil

Edit : Found these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMBER-CAPLESS-INDICA...id=p3286.c0.m14

Just not sure if they will fit :)

Going to the breakers to get a tester.......

Edited by NeilGTi85

Arahan

Suggestions? How about wiring the indicators up into the front driving lamps... :)

NeilGTi85
Suggestions? How about wiring the indicators up into the front driving lamps... :)

Umm.....That could be an idea...I wonder what wattage the driving lamps are?

I've currently got the original valance but am going to get a St topez one made....

Cheers For the idea,

Neil

tri_longer

That is a good idea, though might be worth checking with VOSA to see what the minimum height needs to be for indicators.

paul_portsmouth

use a bulb holder like the std side light and have them in the inner or outer morette

NeilGTi85
use a bulb holder like the std side light and have them in the inner or outer morette

I intend to use the inner lights as cold air feed's.

Neil

welshpug

just use the 5w bulb and a resistor?

marc t

Could you not mount small lamps (like the golf or mini) behind the lower grill. Not sure how close to the edge the MOT requires them but they are on the inside of the lamps on the 206 so they are quite far in.

As also mentioned I thought about it on my old car, drilling the driving lamps to take one of those silver bulbs that flashes orange.

If you want to keep lower fog/driving type lamps, what about having a slim light (sure I've seen them half thickness to the oe lamps) then adding a golf clear lenesed above it?

NeilGTi85
Could you not mount small lamps (like the golf or mini) behind the lower grill. Not sure how close to the edge the MOT requires them but they are on the inside of the lamps on the 206 so they are quite far in.

As also mentioned I thought about it on my old car, drilling the driving lamps to take one of those silver bulbs that flashes orange.

If you want to keep lower fog/driving type lamps, what about having a slim light (sure I've seen them half thickness to the oe lamps) then adding a golf clear lenesed above it?

I am tempted to use the driving lamps as indicators....but would prefer not to.

Youre other suggestion about halfing the lights got me thinking about replacing the morrete light with one from a newcar with the main light and indicator in one, to be honest though I think it would look abit pony :blush:

I really want to know how this guy has done this (see Picture) as they are the BMW E30 side lights, I though about using the reflective and the originall indicator bulb and somehow fix them in the bumper behind the E30 lense but im not sure if it will fit/work.

Welshpug -"just use the 5w bulb and a resistor?" I dont think it would be bright enough to see.

Cheers All,

Neil

post-11474-1220348191_thumb.jpg

davepug205

Ive got some smoked Golf mk1's which are smaller than mk2, and are a nice fit on the bumper. dave

timmsy19
I really want to know how this guy has done this (see Picture) as they are the BMW E30 side lights, I though about using the reflective and the originall indicator bulb and somehow fix them in the bumper behind the E30 lense but im not sure if it will fit/work.

Neil

Hi Neil

used to see this car every day when ity was 2 mins from my house and yes it they are the E30 front indicators iirc.

Edd sold the car a while back but i think its now owned by someone else on here but its lost its St topez front valance. im sure he will know whats what

Edited by timmsy19

Sign in to follow this