• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Fitting Sunroof Deflector

cRaig

Hi there, Im currently thinking about fitting one of the plastic sunroof deflectors- Ive been given the original brackets, just wondering how they fit into the sunroof trim- do they just screw in with the small self tappers? Im a bit worried about leaks etc!

They are the right brackets, arent they?

dscn1287cd1.th.jpg

Thanks

Craig

CosKev

Removed one from my old Gti and they were the same,outer ones self tapped into sunroof trim.

Middle one is just a support if I remember correctly,not screwed down :lol:

Just put a small blob of seam sealer on the self tapper when you screw it in,won't leak then :)

steve@cornwall

I assume you have two of the ones in the centre of the pic? These screw in where the existing self tappers are in the corner. t'other one just clips under the sunroof seal. May chafe the nice new paint, though

cRaig
I assume you have two of the ones in the centre of the pic? These screw in where the existing self tappers are in the corner. t'other one just clips under the sunroof seal. May chafe the nice new paint, though

I do have the 2 end ones and 1 clip for the middle. So there is a hole for them to go into already? I held it in position but couldnt see which hole the brackets would reach. I assume they are under the front piece of sunroof trim?

soap.mactavish

yes I think they are afaik

steve@cornwall
yes I think they are afaik

I'll open up my roof tomorrow and have a look! (AFAIK my laser's never had a deflector) Mind you, just realised that the red car I fitted the deflector to I did because the paint was faded where one had been fitted before, so maybe they're not generally in place. Red car is currently in the garage (couple f miles away) and only today I piled 2 trestle tables and an interior on the roof as spae is fast running out. If I can get a pic of the mountings in place I'll post it tomorrow

Sign in to follow this