• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
philfingers

Pts Coilovers And Others. Id Please!

philfingers

I have two pairs of what are purported to be PTS coilovers.

The first set are fitted with tarmac inserts and look similar to an old set i had previously other than there doesnpt appear to be a cap over the top of the body (over the seal) like the old ones had. There's a Bilstein p/no on the insert.

These are the them:-

pts4.jpg

pts3.jpg

pts2.jpg

other2.jpg

Second set have a Bilstein Insert 0806XDE788M1 (which is gravel I think and is longer) but don't have Bilstein on the bodies, like the first set. Can anyone ID these

other.jpg

other3.jpg

other1.jpg

Comparison of the two sets

IMG_8879.jpg

Also top mounts, these are PTS steel ones I think,

pts5.jpg

While not surte of these eccentric alloy ones

topmount.jpgI also have a spare insert, Bilstein 5103XDE60660T9,

Does anyone know anything about the numbers? and can anyone ID these parts?

Phil

Edited by philfingers

SPGTi

Phil,

The unmarked body is probably a copy of the Bilstein one made by someone like Compbrake. The eccentric top mount is again an aftermarket type one that is very similar to my Compbrake ones.

Genuine PTS coilovers usually have Bilstein marked on the strut body and came with 70mm id springs and associated hardware. Lots of companies have then produced spring pans etc to enable the use of the more common spring sizes.

Imho it is the inserts that are important and if you ring Bilstein UK with the numbers they will tell you what they are and the valving rates.

probably see you later

Steve

welshpug

I believe Miles would be able to help you I.D the Bilstein components.

Sign in to follow this